What kind of home insurance policy do you plan to purchase for your new home?
There is no one-size-fits-all option when it comes to home insurance from ACU Insurance Services in League City, TX or any other agency. Today, insurance providers strive to tailor their policies to individual homeowners, so that their circumstances align with their coverage. Here are some suggestions and questions you should ask yourself on how to decide what should be included in your coverage.
- How much stuff do you really have?
- If you have a small to average amount of accumulated belongings, you might opt for standard home coverage that doesn’t include a thorough inventory of your things.
- If you have many valuables, however, you might prefer a policy that will go beyond a general reimbursement in the case of total loss. In this case, you would have to document anything that you would want to be replaced in case of damage or theft. You would then either be reimbursed for its value, or you would receive a replacement outright.
- Do You Have a Plan B In Case Of Emergency?
- If your home is lost in a fire, where would you go?
- Do you have relatives you can stay with, or would you have to spring for a hotel?
- If your home becomes uninhabitable, certain insurance policies cover the expenses of food and lodging for the time being. If you have no backup savings plan and no one who can guarantee to lend you a hand if you lose your home, this type of coverage could be a life-saver for you.
- Can your home withstand floods and hurricanes?
- Did you know that coverage for such natural disasters as floods and hurricanes are not available as part of standard home insurance policies?
In the state of Texas, if you buy your home through a mortgage, you must purchase additional hurricane insurance. If you live on a flood plain, the state’s law requires you to purchase flood insurance as well. Depending on your insurance provider, those additional policies can be tacked onto your standard home policy in some cases.
Do You Have The Right Kind Of Coverage?
If you need to purchase a policy for your home in League City, TX, contact your local friendly ACU Insurance Services agent to request a quote. He or she will be happy to answer any questions you may have or guide you through the policy purchasing process.